Monday, June 6, 2011

Tiffany Blue

Today's post, more inspiration from my recent trip to New York.  I snapped this photo on the fourth floor in the gift section of Tiffany's.  I was just in awe of all the gorgeous displays and all of the products that are produced in the coveted Tiffany blue - even coin purses!  In this picture you can see an old fashioned typewriter that has been carefully painted Tiffany blue.  It got me thinking.... what could I paint Tiffany blue?


That lead me to my next search for a paint that would best approximate the iconic color.  Sherwin Williams manufactures a color called Tiffany Blue, but if you are looking for something close to that of the little blue box, don't waste your time.  I did however find four colors I think are worth checking out.

Benjamin Moore, Tropicana Cabana 2048-50


Valspar, Seafarer 5007-10A


Sherwin Williams, Mariner 6766


Benjamin Moore, Caribbean Cool 661

I was able to pull these great color swatches off of a very helpful site called My Perfect Color.  My favorite blue is definitely the Valspar, but I need to find something fun to paint that color so stay tuned!