Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hotel Silver

During my trip last week to New York, I had the opportunity to visit the Champagne Bar in the Plaza Hotel.  After walking all over Manhattan I was very happy to enjoy a relaxing, albeit expensive ($16), glass of chardonnay in this amazing and historic hotel.  As I sat breathing in the luxury, I began to wonder how I could bring a small piece of this decadence home with me.  Then it hit me...Hotel Silver.


Hotel Silver is commonly found in heavy serveware with a nice bright silver plate.  Silver plate is a coating of pure silver on a base metal such as copper or nickel.  Sterling silver, on the other hand, is comprised of 92.5% silver and commonly stamped with 925.  Many of these lovely silver serving pieces can be purchased through ebay, however, I came across a great online store, Paris Hotel Boutique , that sells hotel silver in addition to several other collectibles.