Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Korean Skirt Steak with Corn Raita Salad


Although I cook for my family most nights, on Sunday evenings I always try make a special meal and we eat in the dining room instead of at the ho hum kitchen table.  This last weekend I chose to make this fantastic new recipe from Todd English.  I did the steak on my indoor grill and it turned out amazing.  The combination of the steak and the corn salad is certainly what I consider to be restaurant quality food at home.  Todd appeared on The Nate Berkus show last week and you can find the recipe as well as a video demonstration on Nate's website. 


I have been a fan of Todd English since 1998 when I picked up a booklet at Williams and Sonoma entitled "Great American Chefs".  I have to confess that my admiration for Mr. English initially had more to do with his incredible good looks than his talent as a chef.


A couple of years ago while eating at one of Todd's restaurants, Olives in Las Vegas, I noticed him sitting at the bar toward the end of the night.  Of course I had to take the opportunity to meet the man who I have come to know as a great chef, who produces incredibly flavorful and approachable food, and who is not bad to look at either. :)